Saturday, March 14, 2009

Random Thoughts...

...Probably not the best idea ever. Although, in his defense, who can stand being around kids for an entire day without a little pick-me-up? (Juice)

...Why does the NBA even bother having games during March? No one is going to watch the NBA unless the cheerleaders are naked and even then it really depends on what college basketball games are on. (The Kicker)

...So one of my classes is a once a week night class called "Document Design and Graphics. Basically it is an introductory graphic design class. Using software I have never used before, we had to create a poster for this class. Fine, whatever. The problem is I don't have the software on my computer so I had to use the campus computer labs to create, and print off the document. The problem with this is it costs $2.50 to print off an 11 x 17 color document, which is what the assignment called for. It took me like two hours to get the damn thing to print and I had to run off two copies (neither one correct), so naturally that pissed me off. After all this frustration I was late for class (by like an hour) and when I showed up the class was just leaving. So I went up to my instructor and explained why I wasn't in class and the technical difficulties I was having, and gave him an 8 x 11 copy of what my poster was supposed to look like, as well as an 11 x 17 copy of the technically challenged poster. I figured this would be sufficient since I actually did all the work. He proceeds to explain that I should just hand another copy the next day of the actual 11 x 17 poster. Well, at this point I must have been giving him the "are-you-fucking-serious" face because he said "is that ok?" So I say "Well the thing is I already spent money to print off these copies so I was hoping this would be enough." And he responds "The trial and error of printing things off is part of the cost for this class." Oh really? I thought it was the fucking $70 computer fee for using the labs and the $12 sketch book we had to buy for the class. My mistake. Anyway, so I ended up having to print off another copy the next day which cost me another $2.50. All in all I spent like $10 on this one assignment. Needless to say, I'm slightly annoyed. (Juice)

...As a followup to my last thought I would just like to note that I hate that class. Mostly because I hate art. I don't like drawing, I don't like painting, and I certainly don't like designing crap on computers. Hell, I don't even like looking at paintings. They are boring. A picture is, in fact, not worth 1000 words. 1000 words is worth 1000 words. You sir (or ma'am) are just a simple minded jackass that splashed some colors on a piece of paper. I have a Sopranos poster on my wall and that is plenty moving, thank you very much. I don't need some "masterpiece" to go with it. (Juice)

...Is there a better name in the history of sports than Chief Runningstallionsims? (Senior, Center, Alabama State Hornets) Well, here is a list of the top college basketball names for 2008-2009(The Kicker)

...I did some research and found very offensive, awkward and downright funny names. A favorite of the site is Rusty Kuntz (MLB) but other classics include God Shammgod (Providence basketball), Ray Kuntz (Notre Dame football), Danny Shittu (Nigerian soccer), Peter LaCock (MLB), Gregor Fucka (Yugoslavian basketball), Urban Shocker (1920 Yankees), Dick Pole (MLB pitcher), Johnny Dickshot (1937 Pittsburgh Pirates) and last but certainly not least Majestic Mapp (Virginia basketball). There were plenty more but I am lazy, find them on your own and make a comment. Maybe you'll get a prize. (The Kicker)

...I find it hard to believe that Roger Federer can't do better. (Juice)

...Three brief comments on Women "sports":
Comment 1: Oklahoma "woman" forward Cortney Paris promised to pay back her scholarship if her team didn't win the NCAA Tournament (I mentioned before they have a tournament so this should be a surprise) Her team lost to Connecticut by 28 earlier this year. UConn just beat number 5 by 40. "Mrs." Paris, start saving some money.
Comment 2: Women's "pro" soccer is a league starting this summer. Good timing to start a league that will struggle to make money. Tons of sponsors are willing to lose money right now, every company is doing great.
Comment 3: I will try really really hard to not post about women "sports" again. (The Kicker)

...Is there a more hit or miss band than the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Their songs are either incredibly good or unbearably bad. There is no in between. (Juice)

...Don't forget to have some pi today. (Juice - courtesy of one Dan Johnson)

No comments: