Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Look who's back back back back again...

Yes, that is right. The Kicker is making his triumphant return to the site. I apologize to my fans (both of you) that this site has become Juice and Juice. Since I last wrote nothing of note has happened in the national sports scene, but I still have inspiration for an article. So, with no further adieu here it goes.

The sun rises earlier every morning and sets later every night. Baseball Spring training has started and I have caught that bug (I watched a video about home foreclosures in Fort Myers, Florida and all I could think about was buying one so I could go to Spring training and see the Twins every year). But this article is not about Spring training, the World Baseball Classic or the NFL Combine (I did watch the tight ends go through a blocking drill...it was as boring as it sounds). This is about the NCAA tournament.

It is not March quite yet but the madness has indeed started. As selection Sunday nears every bubble team in America is waiting to see their closest rivals bubble pop as theirs solidifies under them into a spot in the biggest dance of them all.

I am a huge fan of this event and am adjusting my schedule accordingly. I'm completely serious, I will skip classes so I can see more games...good thing none of my professors read this site. This is the most exciting time of the year. Which Cinderella will go dancing? Which giant will fall? Will a 16 seed beat a 1 seed?

But what I love most of all is that I can watch 63 games, countless highlights, read endless articles and fill out dozens of brackets. So here comes the resurgence of The Kicker.

"You will never see any blogger in the entire country who will blog harder than I will blog the rest of the year and you will not see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push Juice for the rest of the season, and you will never see a team blog harder than we will the rest of the year." (Adapted from Tim Tebow's speech after the Ole Miss game)

-The Kicker

No comments: