Saturday, February 14, 2009

Random Thoughts...

...I was studying for a test in one of my English classes the other day on Sparknotes. Yes studying. Anyway, apparently they have those stupid "how greedy are you" and "are you a jerk" quiz things on their site. I am a sucker for those quizzes. So I take one that at the end guesses what gender you are. It was only 8% sure I'm a man. In response, I challenged someone bigger than me to a fight to up my "man cred." I am now eating out of a straw and typing with one hand, and my man percentage has dropped to 5%. I hate you Sparknotes.

...It drives me crazy when people listening to their Ipod feel the need to speak louder. I'm not the one on my Ipod moron. Stop yelling. I can hear you just fine.

....You should watch Friday Night Lights. The television show, not the movie. The movie is good. The show is great.

...Valentines Day is the dumbest "holiday" ever. It's even more consumeristic (apparently that actually is a word) than Christmas. It's a fake holiday dreamed up by corporations like Hallmark to sell stupid crap that nobody needs. "Here, hon, here are some flowers which symbolize my love. Oh, by the way, they'll be dead in a week."

...If you haven't seen Joaquin Phoenix's interview on Letterman you should watch it. The whole thing is probably a hoax, but it is still awesome.

...Minnesota is facing an $8 billion budget defecit and Lester Bagley, the Viking's vice president of public affairs and stadium development (yes, apparently that is a real job), decided this was a good time to complain about the lack of progress towards a new Vikings stadium. I haven't seen timing that bad since Riggins waited until Lyla found Jesus to ask her out in season two of Friday Night Lights. See, if you were watching the show, you would get that joke.

...Most awkward. Story. Ever.

...How stupid is the NBA celebrity game during All Star weekend? I once saw Richard Jefferson try as hard as he possibly could in one of those games. Congratulations, you are an NBA player that dominated a bunch of white actors.

...It's also kind of funny when people get so riled up about who got snubbed from all star games. Nobody even remembers who made the teams a week later. And, yes, I am as guilty of this as anyone.

...And lastly, if you were looking for another reason to envy Leonardo DiCaprio, he is dating the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover model.

-Juice

No comments: