Saturday, April 4, 2009

Random Thoughts...

...30 Rock is better than The Office. I just thought you should all know that. (Juice)

...How stupid are the Minnesota Timberwolves? They are still trying to win games, even though they rarely win, every win hurts, ass faces. (The Kicker)

...There was a poll on espn.com after Gary Sheffield was released by the Tigers that asked "Would you want your favorite team to sign Gary Sheffield?" The only state where the majority answered "yes" (although barely) was Mississippi. It can't be a good sign when the only state that wants you, doesn't actually have a team. (Juice)

...Reader Karl Heine asked about Minnesota Boys Mr. Basketball finalists and pointed out that Nate Wolters should be in the Top 5. I look at this like the NBA MVP. Is Nate Wolters the best player in the state? I don't think so but he is one of the top 5 most valuable players to his team. If you took any of the other finalists off of their team they would likely be a very good team still. It's sort of like Lebron and Kobe. Who is better? That's debatable. I would give the edge to Lebron but its more because of what he means to his team rather than being more talented. If you take the best player off of a team and they go from 30 wins to 10 wins that player is more valuable than taking a player off a 30 win team and they drop to 20 wins. So yes Karl, I agree Nate Wolters belongs in the Top 5 and is one of the most valuable players to his team in the state, maybe the most valuable. (The Kicker)

...Hehe. (Juice)

...Zygi Wilf either needs to fire Brad Childress or step up and say "I don't give a damn what you think we're getting Jay Cutler." Personally, I prefer firing him. Either way, this is completely ridiculous. (Juice)

...So I wanted Cutler on the Vikings, but the Bears definitely gave up way too much for him. However, the Vikings still need a quarterback and Chilly is still a worthless idiot. (Juice)

...I have one leftover thought about the MLB preview posts. Making Rookie of the Year picks is like going to a whore house - it's basically complete crap shoot, anyone can be the best, and the one's you expect to be the best often disappoint. (Juice)

...Milk is a pretty good movie, but there is a whole lot more Sean Penn making out with guys than I expected. I recommend watching the movie, but just get ready for substantial amount of guy on guy action. (Juice)

...I think I'm going through "senioritis" right now. Of course, I think I've been going through "senioritis" since I was in kindergarten so maybe I'm actually just lazy. (Juice)

...Hey look I was called a communist. I've never been so proud. (Juice)

...If anyone ever asks you to go to a place called the Other Place bar, just say no. Trust me. You are better off just saying no. (Juice)

...If you would like to die a little on the inside, look at the prices people want for Yankees tickets on Stubhub. For that matter, look how much people want for crappy Twins tickets. I thought we were in a recession? (Juice)

...And last, but certainly not last, baseball is back! HOO HA! (Juice)

No comments: