Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sports Quotes, NCAA Tourney and Opening Day

Alright, so Opening Day for most teams was the same day as the NCAA Men's Final. I don't care, especially this year because the basketball game sucked. I just find it funny how much Opening Day overshadowed the basketball final. Would it have been different had the game been close? Probably. But Opening Day in baseball is something special, its the best baseball day of the year and even though the Twins lost, Juice and I made our 7th consecutive Home Opener. (More stories, pictures, thoughts and rants to come on this later but for a sneak preview...there is reference to a tarp, reminisces of past openers and of course Dome Dogs).

Now that I got that pesky men's national championship out of the way I want to point out that I don't know one person who could name even one player from the Connecticut women's team who is considered one of the best teams ever. Just saying.

Now, for sports quotes and Opening Day. Out of curiosity I Googled baseball quotes and found some really good ones. This isn't because of hard research, I clicked on the first link. The quotes range from players, fans, managers, owners and any other person you can imagine. Are they all great? No, far from it. But the reason this is relevant is because like sports movies, the best sports quotes involve baseball. I love baseball, Opening Day and sports quotes so it combines three of my passions.

This is admittedly a random post but I needed to post, it had been a long time. Also, I am really really tired and going to jump into my bed (literally jump, my bed is like 4ft high but my roommates is 8ft so I feel fine about my situation) and sleep until I wake up. So...hopefully this wasn't too weird and random if it was, you'll live.

-The Kicker

No comments: