Thursday, January 15, 2009

Are you feeling kinda Sunday? Because we're not! NFL Championship Game picks

Sunday, January 18th


VS
Philadelphia Eagles (11-6-1) @ Arizona Cardinals (11-7)

The Kicker Says:

Wow. I am disappointed the NFC has come down to being represented by a team with a bird as a mascot. The Eagles awful rushing game won't be a factor. Not because the Cards can suddenly stop the run, but because the Eagles have an awful rushing game. It comes down to the Kurt "37 year-old, two-time superbowl champion, 3 time bag boy of the year" Warner vs. Donovan "A tie? Like my shoes? No, you're kidding me, there's no ties in football" McNabb. I will choose Donovan because I like him better, he never bagged groceries and he isn't old. Remember Favre last year?

Eagles win 24-14, led my McNabb, DeSean Jackson and other guys with random capital letters in their names.

Juice Says:

As The Kicker so astutely pointed out, Kurt Warner is a "3 time Bag Boy of the Year." Becuase of this, we have decided to dub Mr. Warner simply "The Bag Boy." No other namesake will be acceptable for The Bag Boy within the confines of this site, and hopefully beyond. Of course this point becomes moot if the Cardinals lose. Luckily for us, they will win. Not because they're better, not because they're more talented, but because they are the crappiest team left in the playoffs. And in the toilet bowl that has been the 2008 NFL Season, it would only be fitting for the biggest turd left to float their way to the top...Too gross?

Arizona wins 27-17



VS

Baltimore Ravens (13-5) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (13-4)

The Kicker Says:
Some people call it good defense. I call it boring. I love watching an elite defense against an elite offense. I don't consider Le'Ron McClain an elite running back, Desmond Mason an elite receiver or Joe Flacco an elite quarterback. Obviously any team led by Ben Roethlisberger is not an elite offense either, but with better receivers, running backs and a better quarterback, the Steelers have to win. I will take Ben and his concussions over "a young kid with a strong arm", which is all Flacco is referred to as.

Steelers win at home and their 3rd against the Ravens in the same season, 20-10

Juice Says:

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with The Kicker here. You can absolutely have an elite offense on a team quarterbacked by Ben Roethlisberger. The problem with the Steelers offense, however, is their top receivers are old and/or stoned, their running backs are merely good, and I, at 6' 1" 190 lbs could probably start on their horrible offensive line. With that said, I still pick the Steelers in this game. Flacco is going to do something dumb, and the Steelers defense will stop the run. As much as a I fear the wrath of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, I'm still picking against them.

Steelers win 17-7

No comments: