Monday, January 12, 2009

Rants and Revelations

Today marks the beginning of my own personal hell.

I really love sports. I am obsessed and at some point I might need intervention. However, right now, is a down time. The NFL is winding down and has nothing left to offer me. The NBA is pitiful and my "hometown" team, the Timberwolves, would be better off if they were run by my 84 year old grandmother (In her defense, she watches even more sports than I do and has an odd knowledge of the NBA). I am not a fan of pro hockey (no one is) and college basketball is what I am left with. I love college basketball but my Gophers only play twice, maybe three times, a week, and most nationally televised games don't live up to the hype (UNC @ Wake Forest did). But the worst part of all is two subplots in college basketball:

#1: The new three point line is annoying. It's six inches further back. Move it even further so it looks less weird or move the women's line back as well. Equal opportunity would be allowing them to miss shots from further away.

#2: Blake Griffin. He is talented, athletic but he bothers me. He is like Tim Duncan + Joakim Noah. The weird hair (orange?), the fact every announcer would marry him if he asked and the fact that he is going to end up killing the Timberwolves all make me dislike him.

And so here we go sports fans. I might be depressed, angry or down right suicidal until baseball, March Madness and the NFL draft pull me up from hell to the heaven that is caring about sports.

The Kicker

No comments: