Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Picks




Sunday February 1
Tampa, FL
Cardinals (12-7) vs. Steelers (14-4)




Juice Says:

I don't even want to pick this game. I mean, there isn't really any definitive reason to pick either team. The Cardinals can pass. The Steelers play good defense. The Steelers can kind of run. The Cardinals can't run at all. The Steelers have a terrible offensive line. The Cardinals have Jesus on their side.

Really, there are about a thousand reasons to pick either team. My first instinct, though, was to pick the Cardinals, so I'm going to stick with that. Am I nervous that everybody seems to jumping on the Cardinals bandwagon? Yes. But, at least if it crashes there will be plenty of people around to help break my fall.

I've come up with three reasons I'm picking the Cardinals. It's only three because I'm afraid if I try to think of anymore I'll just end up second guessing myself. And who wants that?

1. Larry Fitzgerald is going to make at least one crazy catch. It's what he does. Sure, Pittsburgh can shutdown the Cardinal run game, but anybody can. There is, however, no way they will shutdown Larry Fitz for four quarters.

2. Two of the Steelers top offensive threats (Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes) likely won't be at top form. One because he is injured, the other because he will be coming off a week long Super Bowl bender. Guess which one is which.

3. The Super Bowl puppy. If Kurt Warner really promised his kids a Super Bowl victory puppy, he can't lose. It worked for Obama. Besides, he can't use the "mommy looks like a dog so that is kinda like having a dog" excuse anymore because Brenda Warner actually looks normal now that she has hair.

So there you go. Three overriding reasons the Cards will win the game. Take 'em or Leave 'em.

Cardinals win 20-16



The Kicker Says:


Steelers win. They will win the Super Bowl. But this brings up my other predictions.

I predict the best commercial will be a beer commercial. I predict three commercials will have scantily clad women, all with big breasts. I predict "Big Ben" will be average, but still get his second Super Bowl win. I predict that I will be really drunk by the end of halftime because it’s the only way to get through a Bruce Springsteen performance.

I predict that the Steelers will score first and last. I predict the Bag Boy will get sacked twice in the first quarter and the Cards defense will get shredded on the opening drive. I predict great things for next year’s Super Bowl because it can’t possibly be a more boring match up than this year. And last, but not least, I predict most of what I just predicted won't come true.

Arizona struggles to get Larry Fitz involved early and Bag Boy's lack of mobility kills them late. This was my best season ever in picking games and I guarantee* that my final pick is right.

*No guarantee made by The Kicker is worth anything. Any bets made because you followed this advice are stupid.

Steelers win 27-14.

No comments: