Friday, May 15, 2009

Everything Left

I was texting with Little Juice a few weeks back and he recommended a post about left handed people. Since me, him, The Kicker's Girlfriend and of course a slew of other awesome people are left handed I decided to listen. Also, this will really bother Juice a lot.

Now, being left handed has some disadvantages. One being that nearly everything is built for right handed people so we must use our superior skills to combat this and still be better than right handed people. Another is that writing with pens or using markers usually makes our left hand dirty, but fuck it, we don't care.

Now that I listed basically all of the cons I will list a few pros and throw out a few incredibly famous (and awesome) left handed people.

One of the big pros is we are rare. If life was a pack of baseball cards right handed people would be the regular cards and left handed people would be the valuable inserts. I like to consider myself Honus Wagner, but hey, thats just me.

Another pro is that we are called Southpaws which makes little or no sense but sounds cool.

Finally, being left handed is awesome because in sports (like basketball and baseball) people get confused and are not sure how to handle our awesomeness.

Oh, this is random but there is a Simpson's episode focused on left handed people when Flanders open the Leftorium. I believe Mr. Burns and Moe are both left handed.

Now that I have listed the minor cons and massive pros I will make a list of five notable lefties in sports, movies and a few surprises. After this I will be done with this post (I am falling asleep as I took Tylenol PM like 25 minutes ago)

5. Oprah, Bruce Willis, Alan Thicke (haha), Julia Roberts and Kermit the Frog (famous people/puppters from TV/movies)

4. Steve Young (NFL Quarterback)

3. Willis Reed, Bill Russell and Bill Walton (NBA players)

2. Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Kent Hrbek (Minnesota needed to be represented), Sandy Koufax (he is a Jew), Ken Griffey Jr. and Lefty Grove (Professional baseball players)

1. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama (President's of the United States of America)

You might not like my list. You might think its a bad order but I don't care. This is a small sample of the great left handed people. Other ones I left off the list because I don't think it can be proved is Yoda and Joan of Arc.

There are very few left handed NFL stars because of the blocking scheme needed for a left handed quarterback. Below is the link where I found nearly all of this information and you can see the complete list.

-The Kicker

No comments: